SELLING A PROPERTY
$1000.00 Property Sale Package
Our Property Sale Package includes:
- An initial appointment to discuss your upcoming real estate sale transaction.
- A review of your Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
- Arranging for a payout of one existing mortgage (if applicable)*, excluding the cost to discharge said mortgage.**
- Adjusting for your property taxes.***
- The drafting of all necessary closing documents.
- The preparation of tenant acknowledgment forms (if applicable).
- A second appointment to sign your closing documents.
- Receiving and directing the sale proceeds on the closing date.
- The delivery of your net sale proceeds.
Note that this quote is for the work involved in a straightforward real estate sale transaction. Should any adverse event arise on or before closing, additional legal fees may apply.
* The Property Sale Package includes a budget for the investigation and payout of one existing mortgage. If you require the payout of additional mortgages, lines of credit, bridge loan security, notices of security interest, etc., additional legal fees and disbursements will be added to your invoice over and above the cost of the Property Sale Package.
** Please remember that lenders are normally the ones to discharge said mortgages/security. If, however, your lender requires that JTOverholt register said discharge on your lender’s behalf, then the cost of said discharge (currently $76.55) will be added to your invoice over and above the cost of the Property Sale Package.
*** As part of the selling process, JTOverholt must accurately determine how much property tax you’ve paid (and how much property tax is left to be paid) for the year. This information is routinely mailed to homeowners throughout the year, and JTOverholt will need a copy of said paperwork in order to complete your sale. If you do not possess such paperwork, JTOverholt can order a tax certificate from the governing municipal tax authority. If JTOverholt does this, the cost of the tax certificate will be added to your invoice over and above the cost of the Property Sale Package. The cost of a London tax certificate has been included in the cost of the Property Sale Package. If your property is located outside of London, and if its tax certificate costs more than a London tax certificate, the difference will be added to your invoice over and above the cost of the Property Sale Package.
**** Additionally, please note that a separate charge of $50.00 + HST will be added to your invoice for each additional debt (credit card, line of credit, vehicle loan, etc.) that we are required to pay.
Where Do We Meet To Sign The Closing Documents?
Forget fighting through downtown traffic so you can drop into our office for a ten-minute signing appointment. Instead, enjoy the ease of us coming to you.
As your closing date approaches, we’ll contact you to book an appointment, and then we’ll meet you wherever you want within the greater London area (your place of business, your home, or even a coffee shop) to collect your signature.
Or, if you’d prefer, we have a downtown office we’d be happy to meet you at instead. It’s totally up to you!
Once your transaction has been completed, we’ll arrange delivery of your net sale proceeds too!