PRIVATE MORTGAGE FINANCING
Experience You Can Count On
Are you thinking about borrowing money from a private mortgage lender?
Are you considering renewing the term of your existing private mortgage?
Or are you contemplating lending money to someone but are worried about security for repayment?
No matter what your plans are, we have the experience necessary to assist you.
What Does A Lawyer Do In A Private Mortgage Transaction?
The scope of legal work involved in a private mortgage transaction varies from transaction to transaction, but, in general, will include:
- An initial appointment to discuss your upcoming transaction.
- The drafting of all necessary mortgage instructions (if applicable).
- A review of your mortgage instructions (if applicable).
- A review of your status certificate (condominiums only).
- A full title search of the property.
- The drafting of all necessary closing documents.
- A second appointment to sign your closing documents.
- The delivery/disbursement of closing funds.
- The registration of your mortgage.
How Much Will Legal Representation Cost Me?
Because each private mortgage transaction is complex and unique, it’s impossible for us to give you a definitive quote for our legal fees at the outset. However, if you’d like us to provide you with an approximation of legal fees we feel may be charged in your specific situation, please send us a detailed description of your private mortgage transaction.
What Are Disbursements?
Disbursements are third-party charges required to complete your private mortgage transaction. Because disbursements vary from one property and transaction to the next, the following is merely a non-exhaustive list of approximate amounts:
- $200.00 for your title search.
- $300.00 for your title insurance (this varies quite a bit with a property’s location, type, and the mortgage amount – click here for more information).
- $100.00 for your status certificate (condominiums only).
- $56.00 for a London tax certificate.
- $90.00 for a London building/zoning report (multi-unit properties only).
- $40.00 for a London fire department report (multi-unit properties only).
- $75.00 for the registration of your mortgage (if applicable).
- $12.00 for a writ search for each borrower.
- $25.00 software charge.
- $20.00 for faxes, photocopies, and postage.
- $35.00 courier charge (if applicable).
- $50.00 bank charge (this is a high estimate, as bank charges vary quite a bit from transaction to transaction).
Where Do We Meet To Sign The Closing Documents?
Forget fighting through downtown traffic so you can drop into our office for a ten-minute signing appointment. Instead, enjoy the ease of us coming to you.
As your closing date approaches, we’ll contact you to book an appointment, and then we’ll meet you wherever you want within the greater London area (your place of business, your home, or even a coffee shop) to collect your signature.
Or, if you’d prefer, we have a downtown office we’d be happy to meet you at instead. It’s totally up to you!
Once your transaction has been completed, we’ll arrange delivery of your refinance proceeds too!